Writing hasn’t been coming easy the last couple of weeks. Not sure what that’s all about since things in my spirit are soaring. So, just for today, I’m going to part from my normal format and tell you why I’m excited, looking forward to the days ahead and feeling joy at all the prospects.
1) I know that my God loves me beyond all I can hope, think or imagine.
2) In spite of the fact that there are issues going on in my life in which I can’t see the end, I know that God is working them all out to have a good outcome.
3) I just learned (or better, just realized) that I walk in an open heaven all the time! By open heaven, I mean that I have access to all things heavenly, my Father hears my cries, and He is willing to help me in every situation if I will lean into His understanding and be patient for Him to work it all out. Additionally, I am a favored child of God, so when I ask Him how He wants me to respond to any situation, He will answer me. My job is to listen and take risks.
4) I am living during the time period I am best suited for. God could have had me be born into any other time period in history — but He didn’t. So that means I’m here for this time, in this place, to act on His behalf. In other words, I am here for such a time as this in spite of my own doubts about that truth!
5) I have lived long enough to witness the “coincidences” of life and to realize there are no such things as coincidences. Each and every coincidence was orchestrated by my Father in heaven, often for reasons I have not seen the answers to yet. It makes life a mystery and yet satisfying because He promises to work out all the mysteries to my good!
6) I am alive, have a sound mind, a relatively healthy body, and a promising future. I have been blessed with a wonderful husband, and an incredible son. My son in turn chose an amazing wife and together they have pursued God all the way through their lives and are now sharing Him with their three beautiful children, my grands. What more can I ask for?
7) Is my life perfect? Far from it. I’ve had to give up and repent of many sins and mistakes through most of my life. It’s taken me far too long to mature into the ways of Christ, but thankfully I think I’m getting it now (I hope that’s not being presumptuous Lord!). I’ve tripped and fallen flat on my face so many times, I cannot number them. But, through it all, I’ve been able to get back up, dust myself off (often with the help of loving members of the body of Christ) and keep on walking with my Lord. No, not so perfect, but I’m amazed at what He’s doing in and through my life.
And there you have it. Seven reasons to be joyful today. And I am! Many blessings on your day and may you too find your own seven reasons to be joyful today…and the rest of the week.